Job Title: Controls Design Engineer
Location: Erie, PA 16531
Duration: 12+ months (Strong possibility for extension)
Job Description / Requirement:
• Lead Controls Design Engineer for key Locomotive Embedded Control Systems.
• Engineers in this subsection use state-of-the-art design/validation processes to produce control systems that meet robust performance and reliability goals.
• Design Engineers utilize control systems modeling, Six Sigma statistical tools/methodology and other advanced tools to complete projects. Engineers develop practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals. Are responsible for work that is less defined in scope and has the understanding and experience to execute business objectives.
• Executes the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
• Responsible for the creation/modification of detailed design documents, requirement traceability matrices, failure mode analysis(FMEA), reliability/DFSS scorecards, detailed test plans and test procedures.
• Conducts validation of designs in lab, locomotive, and/or customer facilities.
• Documents technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.- Provides timely communications on status and significant issues or developments.
• Participates as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
Basic Qualifications / Requirements:*
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering
• At least 3 additional years of experience in an engineering position
• PC Proficiency
• BS in Electrical Engineering
• Advanced technical degree desirable
• Electrical Engineering degree preferable, or good control design experience desired
• Knowledge and experience in distributed control systems
• Experience with QNX real time operating system
• Experience with Matlab/Simulink & State flow
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.